Reactivpub is highly concerned with the respect for privacy.
What is the role of Reactivpub?
Reactivpub is an ad serving platform (or advertising agency, affiliate platform, ad server): Reactivpub offers its partners or “affiliates” (websites, email database owners, social networks, etc.) to broadcast the advertising campaigns of its clients or “advertisers”. Reactivpub affiliates may choose among different forms of advertising campaigns, such as banners, emails or text links. Reactivpub acts as a broker and trusted third party between you, the affiliates and the advertisers.
In terms of privacy and respect for privacy, each stakeholder (Reactivpub, the affiliates, and the advertisers) is subject to the legislation in force in its country (e.g., the CNIL for the companies subject to French law). Reactivpub nevertheless tries to apply a consistent and rigorous framework with its affiliates and advertisers, compliant with the highest level of confidentiality imposed.
A number of companies have an activity similar to Reactivpub on the Internet: the banner ad you see on a website or the promotional email you receive may come from an advertising campaign run by a company other than Reactivpub. In this case, the management of your personal information is independent from Reactivpub, and we invite you to contact the company responsible for the implementation of the advertising campaign or with the relevant advertiser or affiliate in order to know its privacy management policy and assert your rights.
What personal information about me can be used by Reactivpub to optimize ad targeting?
The objective of Reactivpub is to offer, through its affiliates, advertisements for products or offers that may be of interest to you. To this end, Reactivpub may possibly collect personal data in order to optimize the relevance of its ads.
The fundamental principle of Reactivpub is that the data collected should be anonymous: Reactivpub does not store information such as your surname, name or address. Also, since Reactivpub plays the role of intermediary between you, the affiliates and advertisers, Reactivpub has only access to a limited amount of information about you, usually less than the advertiser or affiliate.
The personal data used by Reactivpub to optimize ad targeting are:
- Your immediate point of origin (source URL or referrer): This is usually the last page you visited before seeing an advertisement broadcast by Reactivpub. The immediate point of origin may the page of a website or the results page of a search engine (see Section 2). Note that this information is not consistently defined and may therefore be unknown to Reactivpub.
- If your immediate point of origin is the results page of a search engine, Reactivpub can use the keywords you used to obtain these search results just before seeing an advertisement broadcast by Reactivpub. The use of these keywords can in some cases help Reactivpub select the most relevant advertising to display.
- The landing page (target URL), i.e., the page to which you have been redirected by clicking on an advertisement for a product or offer. This is generally the page describing the product or offer on the advertiser’s website.
- The list of banner ads that have been displayed to you over the last few days. This information allows Reactivpub to more effectively choose the future advertisements that will be offered to you.
The data collected by Reactivpub are stored as cookies stored on your equipment (computer, mobile, tablet).
What is a cookie and how is it used?
A cookie enables a website to retrieve from your equipment (computer, mobile, tablet) information used to enhance your website visits, or more generally, your Internet browsing experience. Each website you visit is likely to place cookies on your equipment and is responsible for the information that will be stored. A website can only read and edit cookies that belong to it. Cookies are simple text files and are inherently safe.
When you visit the website of an affiliate or advertiser of a campaign run by Reactivpub, the personal data collected by Reactivpub meant to optimize ad targeting are stored on your equipment (computer, mobile, tablet) in the form of cookies. These data are not nominative and are used to improve your Web browsing by enabling Reactivpub to better target the ads that will be offered.
We use reasonable security measures to protect information entrusted to us, both during their transmission and reception. These measures include in particular using firewalls, encryption and electronic signature processes, and the limitation of access to information, including from our staff. While no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage offers an absolute guarantee of security, we strive to use effective ways to protect your personal information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if compelled by law and each time we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process involving our company.
How can I disable the collection of personal data used for optimizing the ad targeting performed by Reactivpub?
Reactivpub offers you two ways for disabling the collection of personal data used for optimizing the ad targeting performed by Reactivpub:
- You can click on the unsubscribe link below: « Do not collect personal data about me for optimizing the ad targeting performed by Reactivpub »
- Some banner ads broadcast by Reactivpub display the symbol, generally in the lower-right corner. Just click on this symbol to directly access the unsubscribe link.
This cancellation procedure, also known as “opt-out cookie,” consists in placing a special cookie generated by Reactivpub on your equipment (computer, mobile, tablet). When you are exposed to an advertisement by Reactivpub in the future, the presence of the cookie on your equipment will inform Reactivpub of your desire not to allow it to collect your personal data for optimizing the ad targeting performed by Reactivpub.
Please note the following:
- This procedure is specific to Reactivpub, it cannot be used to unsubscribe from an email address database or a website that has your email address and sends you advertising emails, even if the advertising campaigns they contain are managed by Reactivpub. In this case, we recommend you to use the mandatory unsubscribe link provided by the website or email address database, usually at the bottom of the email you received, or to directly contact the company concerned.
- This procedure is specific to the browser and the equipment you use (this is a technical limitation related to the operation of cookies). For example, if you use multiple browsers on your computer, you will have to unsubscribe from each browser. Similarly, if you use a tablet and a computer, you will have to unsubscribe from each browser on each device.
- By deleting the cookies in your browser, you will also delete the cookie materializing your unsubscribe request. You will thus need to click again on the unsubscribe link.
How can I contact you?
If you have any questions or would like to receive additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.